|Tiger Media Center:
- Open this web page to visit our Tiger Media Center.
Research Projects Websites:
- Open this web page to locate information on how to conduct and write research papers.
Student Handbook for 2016-2017:
Weekly Cafeteria Menus:
The Military Student Transitions Consultant is available to:
- Help all students successfully navigate the academic, emotional and behavioral stressors, that may negatively impede upon the learning experience.
- Reduce the number of disciplinary infractions in an effort to maximize classroom time, and enhance learning opportunities.
- Facilitate a positive social development, as well as aid in the behavioral and academic success of all students.
- To locate more information about this service open this web page.
Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program:
Cumberland County Schools is dedicated to providing gifted and potentially gifted students the opportunity to become independent learners and decision makers who recognize their potential and responsibilities in a changing global society.
The school system is committed to providing a rigorous and innovative instructional program that fosters the highest level of excellence and recognizes the right of each student to receive intellectual challenge appropriate for his/her capabilities.
- Open this web page to learn about the AIG Program for CCS.
- South View High School AIG Counselor is Ms. Sophia Hilliard-Durham.
- Open this web page to read the current AIG Fall 16-17 Newsletter SVHS.
- If you need additional information about the AIG Program you can contact Ms. Hilliard-Durham by sending email using this Email Form.
- Please contact Ms. Lawson in our Guidance Department if you have any questions about the information in these newsletters using this Email Form.
What is High School Connections?
High School Connections is the local branch of the state program, Career and College Promise. The program provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students.
High School Connections Course Offerings:
- Open this web page to check out the many different course options for dual enrollment at Fayetteville Technical Community College.
- Open this link to view courses offered at SVHS.
Advance Placement Test Information:
Advanced Placement examinations are taken each May by students at participating American, Canadian, and international educational institutions. The tests are the culmination of year-long Advanced Placement(AP) courses.
- Open this web page to learn about AP Testing
- More information will be added in the future.
- Click here to open the form for AP Test Fee Program Documentation Student Eligibility Form. (Waiting for updates).
ACT Testing Information:
The ACT is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school. The SAT is more of an aptitude test, testing reasoning, and verbal abilities. The ACT has up to 5 components: English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing Test.
- Open this web page to learn more about the ACT Test.
SAT Testing Information:
Each assessment in the SAT Suite of Assessments — the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9 — includes a Reading Test, a Writing and Language Test, and a Math Test. The SAT also features an optional essay component, which some colleges will require. Questions throughout the assessments focus on skills that matter most for college readiness and success, according to the latest research.
- Open this web page to learn more about the SAT Test.
- The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity.
- Open this web page to learn about the many different items that are sponsor by the College Board for students and their parents.
Student’s‘ Official Transcript:
- The Cumberland County School’s Student Records Center is responsible for the permanent archiving of student cumulative records of former CCS students.
- Cumulative records are maintained for students who attended Cumberland County Schools from the late 1880’s to present day.
- Records for each Cumberland County School Student who attended may include a listing of classes completed, grades, test scores, immunization records and graduation status.
- Open this web page to locate more information about how to request a copy of your Official High School Transcript.
- To purchase a Yearbook for this school year you will need to open this web page to fill out personal information for ordering your copy of yearbook.